Filter is an exciting feature in gmail. Now we see how to use it. Using filter we can block unwanted mail. Nowadays most of the members have Gmail account due to its feature and simplicity. We will getting lot of unwanted mail from some friends or any network if we subscribe , getting offers and newsletters from anonymous, It irritating to ours and we think no need such type of mail from this network. We can stop that mails by individual mail address or the whole domain from which you do not want using filter. Here are the step-by-step instructions to do this.
1. Login to your account
2. At the top-right corner, click on Settings
3. Under Settings, click on Filters
4. You’ll now see an option “Create a new filter“, click on it
5. Now in the From field enter the email address from which you do not want to receive the emails
For ex. you may enter bbbbb@gmail .com in the From field to block all incoming emails from this address. However if you want to block the whole domain then use the following syntax: *@xyz.com. Now all the incoming emails from the domain xyz.com will be blocked. You can add more email or domain by separating '|' symbol which presents above the backslash button in keyboard.
6. Click on Next Step, select the action you’d like to take on the blocked emails. You may select the option Delete it so that the blocked email is moved to trash. To unblock the email, all you need to do is just delete the filter that you've created. You can move to separate label ( Folder ) and you can see lot of options.
- You can edit this filter later as your wish by adding or deleting the address / domain.
- You can create an unlimited number of filters, but only 20 filters can forward to other addresses.